100+ Women Who Care East County
Serving the East Multnomah Country, Gresham, Troutdale, Fairview, Wood Village,
Corbett, Sandy, Boring and Damascus area.
Sue Piazza, Bess Wills, Shelly Turin, Vicki Moen, Haley Lewis, Sandra Forque and Annette Freetage
1st meeting for giving will be scheduled for July 25, 2018 with meetings occurring each quarter of the year, February, April, July and October. Meetings will be scheduled from 6:15pm to 7:30pm.
Memberships are for one year and automatically renew unless canceled. Members
must be 18 yrs. of age. If a member misses a donation they will be contacted first by email as a reminder and 2nd by phone. If a Member is conscientiously objecting to a charity they will donate the $100 to the Chapters Default Charity of The Gresham Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation.
The charities must be serving in the Chapters area. Charities may be nominated as many times as it takes until they have received our donation. Charities may only receive a donation once every 2 years. If the charity is not known by the steering team, proof of a 501C3 status must be given. If a person would like to give the team advanced notice to clear their charity they may do so, and we will keep a list of those Charites on file. The charity/Organization, must agree NOT to use the names for future solicitations, nor give the information out to the public. Charities/ Organizations agree to give receipt to all donors The winning Charity/Organization agrees to present at the next quarterly meeting and update us as to how the money was used.
How it works
Upon arrival at the meeting members who wish to present a charity will complete a nomination ticket and place it in ‘the hat’ for the drawing. Three charity nominations will be randomly drawn at the meeting. Only members who have signed a Commitment Form and are current with their contributions may submit a charity for consideration.
- The 3 members who were drawn will make a 5-minute presentation about each cause.
- Only members current on their contribution are eligible to vote at meetings.
- Ballots will be counted and the Majority Rules.
- In the case of a two-way tie the membership will be provided with the names of the two charities and a second vote will be taken. If the second vote results in another tie then the we will randomly pick one of the two charities name out of a hat. In the case of a three-way tie we will randomly pick one of the three names out of a hat.
- The winner is announced, and everyone writes their check to the winning Charity/Organization.
- The Checks are collected.
- We will arrange a time within two weeks to present the check to the Charity. We will notify all current members of the date and time of the presentation. All are welcome to attend the presentation.